STEMM Academy Camps
In 2019, we are expanding our summer STEMM academy offerings. A big “Thank You” to Parkland Education Foundation! We will be offering numerous sessions at both the High School (grades 9-11 as of this school year) and the Middle School (grades 6-8 as of this school year). Thanks to our sponsor, the cost of the camps will be only $100 for the High School and $50 for the Middle School and are on a first come basis. We will hold a waiting list for registrations after our total capacity is met. For complete details download the registration forms.
HS Brochure_Registration_2019 (For Students currently in grades 9-11 as of this ’18-’19 school year)
MS Brochure_Registration 2019 (For Students currently in grades 6-8 as of this ’18-’19 school year)
What is STEMM?
Education in Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics and Medicine (STEMM) is a national movement that Parkland identifies as an integral part of our educational process to prepare students in an increasingly global economy.
21st Century Skills and the 4 C’s (Communication, Creativity, Collaboration, and Critical Thinking) are essential to the success of our students as they enter the global workforce. STEMM education is a way of bringing to life and connecting the careers as we are, “Inspiring Today’s Minds to Become Innovators for Tomorrow.”
What is the purpose of this education?
- Allows Students the best opportunity to make sense of the skills needed as a whole rather than in bits and pieces.
- Removes the traditional barriers between contents and builds understanding as it is applied in the global economy.
- Exists in every corner of the world as students connect their knowledge with engineering, lab research, manufacturing, doctors, graphic arts, performing arts and an endless number of other innovative jobs.
- Increase exposure and awareness of STEMM pathways and careers in all content areas.
- Strengthen partnerships between workforce and their future employees.
- Encourage and foster our existing curriculum that supports higher order thinking through inquiry-based learning.
- Create opportunities for students to work on teams and experience real life situations in a STEMM workforce.