In its simplest sense, career clusters are just groupings of occupations. Those groupings are based on common knowledge and skills. This is not a new idea but what is new about it, is that it is not only a guidance model, but includes the instructional model as well.
The 16 National Career Clusters:
- Agriculture, Food, and Natural Resources
- Architecture & Construction
- Arts, Audio/Video Technology & Communication
- Business Management & Administration
- Education & Training
- Government & Public Administration
- Health Science
- Hospitality & Tourism
- Human Services
- Information Technology
- Law, Public Safety, Corrections & Security
- Science, Technology, Engineering, & Mathematics
- Transportation, Distribution, & Logistics
For more information about the Career Clusters you can visit the Career Tech or the O*Net websites.