Parkland Pride Awards
Calling all Parkland School District students, parents, residents and staff! The Superintendent's Parkland Pride Award is a program that recognizes outstanding achievements of employees and volunteers within Parkland School District. We invite you to tell us about a Parkland School District staff member or volunteer who has gone the extra mile this school year to make you proud to live in Parkland or be a part of the Parkland staff!
Who can be nominated?
All Parkland School District staff members and volunteers are eligible for this award.
Who can nominate?
Parkland residents, parents, staff members, students or employee organizations of the Parkland School District may nominate an individual.
How do I nominate?
During the nomination period outlined below, nomination forms must be completed and submitted online here.
What are the criteria for the award?
Award winners should exhibit one or more of the following:
- Outstanding job/volunteer performance.
- A positive impact on a school building or entire district.
- Successful implementation of an innovative project that cultivates student success and/or inspires excellence among students and/or co-workers.
- Successful implementation of an inventive idea that achieves cost-savings or environmentally-friendly, energy efficient practices with demonstrated results.
- Involvement with community activities that bring our diverse community together in constructive ways to promote cultural, economic and social acceptance and understanding.
- Accomplished something great that brings distinction to the employee, volunteer, school, district or public education.
How are the winners selected?
The Superintendent's Core Leadership Team will review the nominations and select the winners.
How are the winners recognized?
Recipients will receive public recognition during the Opening Day Ceremony/Convocation at the start of the following school year as well as printed recognition in the District newsletter and online via web/social media efforts. The names of each year’s Superintendent Parkland Pride Award winners will be added to a plaque that will be perpetually displayed in the Administration Center. In addition, each winner will be invited to a Superintendent Award Winner’s luncheon sponsored by the Parkland School District Education Foundation.
TIMELINE: March - Nominations Open, April 15 - Nominations Close, August - Award Winners Announced at Opening Day Convocation
Jodi Barndt, Autistic Support Specialist, Kernsville
Eva Barrett, First Grade Teacher, Cetronia
Kelly Bedics, Kindergarten Teacher, Jaindl
Jessica Brans, First Grade Teacher, Cetronia
Reema Cancelliere, First Grade Teacher, Parkway Manor
Kasey Celona, Fifth Grade Teacher, Ironton
Sara Deily, Paraprofessional, SMS
Dina Dewald, Sixth Grade Teacher, SMS
Bruce Fehnel, Head Custodian, PHS
Jay Greth, TV Studio/English Teacher, PHS
James Haines, Sixth Grade Teacher, SMS
Keri Heidecker, English Teacher, PHS
Ed Kobus, Manager of Data Systems, Ad Center
Jackie Laughlin, Paraprofessional, OMS
Beth Pizzuto, Sixth Grade Teacher, SMS
Madeline Ruth, First Grade Teacher, Parkway Manor
Diana Schantz, Principal, Jaindl
Jennifer Schmoyer, Fourth Grade Teacher, Parkway Manor
Amanda Slotter, Social Studies Teacher, PHS
Elizabeth Smith, English Teacher, PHS
Kristin Yudt, Math Teacher, PHS