Too much time plugged in can be detrimental to one's health. Once a week, take a day to unplug with your family and recharge with Screen-Free Saturdays! Going outside can positively impact mental health and helps to strengthen immune systems. Take a day of virtual learning outdoors! Here are some resources for staying safe outdoors and activities suitable for any space.
- Screen-Free Saturdays
- The pitfalls of too much screen time
- What is the right age to give your child a smartphone?
- More play, less sitting helps children grown healthy
- Grandparents are softies on screen time
- Safe indoor and outdoor activities for families
- A guide to safe outdoor activities during the coronavirus pandemic
- Kids with social, emotional and physical disabilities go outside!
- 10 outdoor spring activities to do with kids with developmental disabilities
- Social media, screen time linked to depression in teens, study says
Reference: Penn State PRO Wellness <PROwellness@pennstatehealth.psu.edu>