Special Offers for Parents and Students Amidst COVID-19 Closure
District Information and Health Resources - https://www.parklandsd.org/coronavirus
- PBS Programming for Young Children - Daily Schedule with links to livestreamed content
- Lehigh Valley Public Media has worked with educators locally and nationally to create Lehigh Valley Learns (LVL) – an Over the Air (OTA) educational offering. LVL will be broadcast on PBS channels in the mornings, with grade specific programming at the same time each weekday. Livestreamed content for grades K-2 and grades 3-5 is also available by clicking on the Daily Schedule link above.
- Pre-School/Kindergarten Parents: Ready4K program is offered for free through the end of the 2019-2020 school year:
- Crayola - lessons, activities, and ideas for creative at-home learning
Free Books - K-12
- Audible.com - A handpicked mix of stories to entertain, engage, and inform young people, ages 0–18. Available for listeners in English, Spanish, German, French, Japanese and Italian.
- Scribd - https://www.scribd.com/readfree?utm_source=readfree
- Harry Potter at Home Hub - https://www.wizardingworld.com/news/introducing-hp-at-home
- Sora (previously called Overdrive) - can be accessed through the Clever portal or here: https://soraapp.com/welcome/login/200690
- Parkland Community Library - TumbleBook Library graciously opened up their collection for our community to read unlimited books on any device and books are available instantly through August 31, 2020.
Cellular and Internet Provider Offers
- Sheetz Kidz Meal Bagz - Sheetz started Kidz Meal Bagz, a program providing free meals to help children and families in need as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. Meals will be available all day starting Thursday, April 2nd and will include a turkey sandwich, chips and a drink. Families interested in taking advantage of the program should go to participating Sheetz locations (closest to Parkland is the one in Whitehall) and ask an employee at the register for a meal. Families will be offered one bag per child. Meals will be available daily while supplies last.
- Burger King is offering free kids meals with any purchase through the Burger King app - only applicable to drive-thru or takeout - through April 6, 2020.
- Parkland Food Outreach Committee
- If you need food assistance, please fill out this form and we will be in touch with information on our next food distribution.
- Pennsylvania 211 East is a free, confidential, non-emergency, 24-hour information and referral service that connects Lehigh, Northampton and Carbon County residents with health and human services. Dial 2-1-1 or visit www.pa211east.org.
- Greater Valley YMCA will serve meals to youth from 4-5 p.m. Monday through Friday in Allentown at 425 S. 15th Street, Allentown.
- Lehigh Valley Reads provides access to a variety of educational resources and tools for families and students.
- TeenCentral.com - confidential and anonymous service providing a range of information and encouragement to older kids and teens – including the opportunity to submit concerns and get an individualized response from clinical experts -- provided in a “safe space” for young people who may have reluctance to discuss such matters with parents or other adults. www.teencentral.com or 1.800.854.3123
- FamilyWize provides discounts to lower the cost of prescription medications whether you're insured or uninsured.
Body, Mind and Spirit
- West End Yoga - free online classes for children and adults while the center is closed can be viewed at http://www.weyogacenter.com/.
- The Calm App is providing free daily 10-minute meditation sessions on their facebook page.
- Harlem Wizards Live Phys Ed Classes
- Mon, Wed, and Fri at 3 PM https://www.facebook.com/TheHarlemWizards/live/