Yess! St. Luke’s School Based Therapy has put together a 5 Part Webinar for all to join.
Looking for some tips to help your child/students throughout the school year? Join our YESS! School-based Therapy 5-part webinar series! Get tips on how to handle COVID-related concerns, how to recognize when children need some mental health help, or dealing with school refusal and social anxiety.
There are 5 separate dates for the series. Registration form should include first name, email address, and school district.
Programs will be held the last Tuesday of the month that the events are on at 6:00 pm.
For more information, contact Denise Vaiana at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A PANDEMIC WITHIN A PANDEMIC
SUPPORTING OVERWHELMED TEENS WITH
LOVE, LAUGHTER, AND THE
SCIENCE OF RESILIENCE
Wednesday, September 22, 2021 at 6 PM
A Virtual Program That’s Not to Be Missed!
The Parkland Education Foundation is always looking for ways to support our community. The mental
health of our students is something that has been a topic of concern throughout the pandemic.
Dr. Michael J. Bradley is a psychologist and an expert in the field of teens and resilience. Our hope is to
provide our parents with tools they can use to help our teens navigate these times. We encourage all
parents to watch and hopefully gain some valuable advice.
Topics to be covered in this dynamic and entertaining town hall from Dr. Michael J. Bradley include:
- Neurology of the teen brain, focusing upon its decision-making deficits, resilience challenges and unprecedented vulnerability to anxiety and depression.
- Today’s adolescent world compared with that of its parents, revealing critical parenting factors that have contributed to this risk-laden trend.
- Latest teen risk behaviors of sex, drugs, and violence, which relate to their excessive stress levels.
- Pandemic related stressors that add to additional risk behaviors.
- Current research proving that an appropriate “dose” of stress protects against the diseases of anxiety and depression.
- Specific resilience-building parenting strategies, or “what to do when.”
- Answers to questions particular to your region.
Michael J. Bradley, a licensed clinical psychologist with a doctoral degree in psychology from Temple University, has
over 30 years of experience working with adolescents. In addition, he is the award-winning author of five books
including the bestselling Yes, Your Teen Is Crazy! – Loving Your Kid Without Losing Your Mind and Crazy-Stressed:
Saving Today’s Overwhelmed Teens with Love, Laughter, and the Science of Resilience. Find out more at www.
Proudly brought to you by the