Beginning July 25, 2015, the cost of obtaining the Pennsylvania Criminal Record Check (Act 34) and the Child Abuse History Clearance Act ( Act 151) is waived ($0.00). When indicating the purpose of the clearances, please indicate "Volunteer."
VOLUNTEER CLEARANCES ARE GOOD FOR FIVE (5) YEARS, SO IF YOU HAVE DONE THIS IN THE PAST FIVE (5) YEARS, YOU DO NOT HAVE TO SUBMIT NEW ONES. Thank you for your interest in volunteering in the Parkland School District. If determined that you are a volunteer, you must then complete all the necessary paperwork.
- School Board Policy 916 - Volunteers
- Volunteer General Information Sheet - Page 1
- Volunteer Application - Pages 2,3
- Volunteer Pages - Pages 4-6
- Volunteer Affidavit - Page 7
- Copy of Act 34 - Criminal History Check (see below)
- Copy of Act 151 -PA Child Abuse History Clearance (see below)
- ONLY IF REQUIRED - Copy of your Act 114 - FBI BACKGROUND CHECK (Fingerprinting Results)Registration ID Number.
- Checklist for Volunteers – Must be completed prior to submitting paperwork.
- Act 34 – PA Criminal Background
- Act 151 – PA Child Abuse
- Act 114 – FBI BACKGROUND CHECK (Fingerprinting Results)
Apply online via the “epatch” system at https://epatch.state.pa.us/Home.jsp
Results should be instantaneous unless they are “under review” in which case, note your reference number and date of application and use that information to check back on the “epatch” website periodically until your results are available.
Print clearance (be sure you click all the way through to the “certification form” button – the document you print must show your social security number, DOB, etc.) and submit to HR with other clearances.
IMPORTANT – PLEASE NOTE: When you go into the PA Criminal Background clearance to view and print it, if you don’t either SAVE or PRINT out the clearance by clicking on the “CERTIFICATION” button, you or Human Resources will NOT BE ABLE to view or print out the actual clearance if you go back into the site. The CERTIFICATION button is just above the “BACK” button. Please be certain to PRINT your certification/clearance form before closing the page.
Apply online at https://www.compass.state.pa.us/CWIS
You will need to create an account with a valid email address in order to apply (please follow directions carefully)
Print clearance and submit to HR with other clearances
Register online at https://uenroll.identogo.com – our school service code is 1KG6XN.
For more detailed information, visit PDE – Federal Criminal History Background Check
Submit a copy of your IDENTOGO fingerprinting receipt to HR with your other clearances
The registration ID number is on the receipt and is used by Human Resources Dept. personnel to view your results online.