Transportation Application Process
* SCHOOL BUS DRIVER (Salary = $120.66/day)
* SCHOOL VEHICLE DRIVER (Salary = $90.48/day)
The following must be completed in order to apply for a Transportation position: PRINTABLE CHECKLIST
STEP 1: (FOR sCHOOL bUS dRIVING pOSITIONS oNLY)
IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING PENNSYLVANIA DEPT. OF TRANSPORTATION SCHOOL BUS DRIVER LICENSING FACT SHEET BEFORE APPLYING FOR A SCHOOL BUS DRIVER POSITION.
a. Complete TRANSPORTATION APPLICATION - All applicants must have an application on file in the Human Resources Office.
b. Complete FORM DL-503 REQUEST FOR DRIVER INFORMATION (YOU ARE NOT REQUIRED TO SUBMIT ANY FEES WITH THIS FORM) -- FILL OUT SECTIONS C & E ONLY
c. Complete Act 168: SEXUAL MISCONDUCT/ABUSE DISCLOSURE FORM
APPLICANT MUST COMPLETE THIS FORM FOR THEIR CURRENT EMPLOYER AS WELL AS ONE FOR EACH FORMER EMPLOYER WHERE THE APPLICANT WAS EMPLOYED IN A POSITION HAVING DIRECT CONTACT WITH CHILDREN. Applicant is to complete page one and sign the top of page 2 and include with application. It is NOT to be sent to your former employer by you, the applicant.
PLEASE NOTE: THERE ARE THREE (3) BACKGROUND CLEARANCES THAT MUST BE SUBMITTED WITH YOUR APPLICATION AND THEY MUST BE CURRENT (WITHIN ONE YEAR OF APPLICATION DATE)
Links are provided below for the three (3) background clearances required:
1. CRIMINAL HISTORY RECORD - All new substitutes must provide school officials with a print out of your Criminal History Record Clearance, which must be current within one year of submission date. Apply online via the “epatch” system at https://epatch.state.pa.us/Home.jsp
2. PENNSYLVANIA CHILD ABUSE HISTORY CLEARANCE - All new substitutes must provide school officials with a print out of your Child Abuse History Clearance, which must be current within one year of submission date. Apply online at https://www.compass.state.pa.us/CWIS
3. FBI BACKGROUND CHECK (Fingerprinting Results) - All new substitutes must provide school officials with the Identogo Reg. ID number in order to verify fingerprinting results, which must be current within one year of submission date. Register online at https://uenroll.identogo.com -- our school service code is: 1KG6XN
iF YOU HAVE ANY DIFFICULTY IN OBTAINING THE ABOVE CLEARANCES, PLEASE CONTACT THE hUMAN rESOURCES dEPT. AT 610-351-5530.
Once you have completed Steps 1 and 2, all application materials should be sent to Parkland School District, Attn: Mr. Val Strock, 2219 N. Cedar Crest Boulevard, Allentown, PA 18104, or sent via email (PDF format only) to Mr. Val Strock, Asst. Director of School Services for Transportation at email@example.com..
Once all of the above have been submitted, your application will be reviewed. PLEASE BE AWARE THAT OUR SCREENING/HIRING PROCESS MAY TAKE SEVERAL WEEKS. IF YOU WILL BE ADVANCING IN THE HIRING PROCESS, YOU WILL BE CONTACTED VIA TELEPHONE TO SCHEDULE AN INTERVIEW.
Any questions regarding the above process should be directed to Mr. Val Strock, Asst. Director of School Services for Transportation at 610-351-5690 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Should you have any questions regarding our procedures, please do not hesitate to call the Human Resources Office at 610-351-5530.