Senior Citizen Tax Rebate
District Adopts Property Tax Rebate for Senior Citizens on Fixed and Limited Incomes
In adopting the “Senior Citizens Real Property Tax Rebate Resolution of 2005” authorizing property tax rebates for certain senior citizens and other qualifying claimants, the Board recognizes the difficulty of senior citizens living on fixed and limited incomes to pay property taxes on their homes. In an effort to alleviate that burden, the district will provide annual property tax rebates in amounts based on the amount of property taxes paid by a claimant on their owned and occupied homestead and the homeowner’s income.
- Q: What is the Senior Citizens Real Property Tax Rebate?
- Q: Who will qualify for a rebate?
- Q: What taxes are being rebated?
- Q: How does one go about filing for a rebate?
- Q: What information will be required on the form?
- Q: Do I need to file for a rebate from the state to qualify for a rebate from the school district?
- Q: Where do I get the Parkland form?
- Q: When must I file the form?
- Q: When will rebates be processed?
- Q: How much of a rebate may I receive?