Hall of Fame
ATHLETIC HALL OF FAME CRITERIA
- Each individual inductee will receive a plaque with a 5”X 7” picture mount on it along with a list of accomplishments.
- The school will receive a duplicate of this plaque for display in the Parkland High School Athletic Hall of Fame.
- Each inductee will receive a lifetime athletic pass to Parkland athletic events.
Historically Significant Team Awards
- Identical plaque/photo as individual inductees.
- One plaque only to be displayed in Parkland High School Hall of Fame.
PIAA Team Champions Awards
- Each team that is inducted will have an 11” X 14” framed photo displayed in the Parkland High School Main Gymnasium.
Student (Any one of the following):
- Parkland High School students that have lettered in a PIAA Interscholastic sanctioned sport are eligible upon graduation from High school.
- Any first team placement by a national rating service.
- First team only as per Associated Press Statewide Coaches Association or Individual PIAA State Champion.
- PIAA State Champion in any sport to include all team members.
Head Coach (Any one of the following):
- Parkland High School coaches that have coached a PIAA Interscholastic sanctioned sport with a minimum of 5 years of service are eligible upon retirement from coaching provided they did not leave coaching the sport for reasons detrimental to the image of the school.
- By a recognized national rating service.
- Hall of Fame induction at National, State, or recognized Local Chapter.
- PIAA State Team Champion.
- One or more individual State champion during tenure.
By Public Nomination
(Nominations must be in writing to Athletic Director prior to nomination year):
- Length of service to the Parkland School District Athletics and/or Athletes (minimum 10 years).
- Quality of service as evaluated by the selection committee.
- Not more than one inductee per year.
- Athlete who has distinguished himself/herself with an outstanding scholastic (must have been a senior athlete of the year), collegiate, or professional career.
- Quality of career as evaluated by the selection committee.
- Maximum one male and one female inductee per year.
Historically Significant Team
- Any Parkland High School team that holds a historically significant position as determined by the committee:
- Played minimum of 20 years prior to nomination.
- Not already recognized in Parkland High School Athletic Hall of Fame.
- One inductee per year maximum.
Selection Committee Membership
The committee will consist of:
- The Athletic Director (Chairperson)
- The Principal
- One Faculty Representative
- One School Board Member appointed for a two-year term.
- One current Head Coach to be rotated annually between male and female sports
- One community member appointed for a two-year term selected through an application process
- One Alumni/Hall of Fame member