Physicals and Forms
For Coaches Only: Coach Confirmation of Review Form
Attention Fall 2020 Athletes:
All fall athletes are encouraged to get a PIAA physical from a physician or at the FREE St. Luke's offerings below at Coca-Cola Park. You will need to have the PIAA form filled out by your doctor or the St. Luke's healthcare team at the events listed below.
St. Luke's will be hosting FREE physicals for all aspiring District XI student athletes who plan on playing a school sport this fall in grades 7-12.
The physicals will be held at Coca-Cola Park on the following dates:
- Wednesday, June 24th from 2 PM to 8 PM
- Thursday, June 25th from 2 PM to 8 PM - THIS DATE IS NOW FULL
- Saturday, July 11th from 9 AM to 2:30 PM - THIS DATE IS NOW FULL
Please Note: The free physical dates for June 25 and July 11 are now full. St. Luke's and Coca Cola Park are working on setting up new dates in July. These dates will be published to this webpage.
Athletes must pre-register here: https://offer.fevo.com/sport-physicals-540b3b5?fevoUri=sport-physicals-540b3b5%2F and bring their completed PIAA form which you can download here: https://resources.finalsite.net/images/v1523542713/parklandsdorg/kjfdt8ndfokvbqynuiy4/piaa_physical_form1.pdf
LET'S GO TROJANS!
Completed forms should be sent to Parkland High School, Athletic Office 2700 N. Cedar Crest Blvd. Allentown, PA 18104.
ImPACT information for current 8th grade students only:
All incoming freshman are required to complete an ImPact test. Here are instructions on how to take an at home FREE ImPact test.
Dear Parkland Parents and Athletes,
I would first like to start off by saying the entire St. Luke’s Sports Medicine staff hopes everyone is doing well and staying safe and healthy during these troubling times. I am writing you all in light of the upcoming zone changes that will hopefully allow us to begin to return to some norm. I am writing to discuss the ImPACT Test baselines as we begin to plan our return. Parkland School District requires that all new, or incoming high school athlete take a baseline ImPACT Test prior to their first season at the High School level. Typically, this is done either during physicals, before the season, or more recently for the incoming 9th graders before the end of the year. However, due to current COVID-19 pandemic this will be completed at home. This baseline testing is used to establish a benchmark score when a player is in his or her non-concussed or “normal” state. Below I have outlined various areas that will go over the test such as what is the test, how to login, and common questions that we receive during the exam.
About the Test
The ImPACT Test is used as a tool to assess the return to activity following a concussion. The test is taken online through ImPACT and is computerized. It will take roughly 30-45 minutes. Before taking the test, we ask that if you have a mouse to please plug it into the computer being used and use it for the exam. We also ask that the athlete go someplace that is quiet and free of distractions while taking it (including not having their cellphone on sound/by them). The test measures area of brain activity including: Reaction time, Verbal and visual memory, Motor speed, Impulse control, and any symptoms the test taker is experiencing at that time. ImPACT is not used as a diagnostic tool or a preventative measure and should never be used as a substitute for medical treatment.
How to Login
- Use the following link to get to the ImPACT Group Baseline testing site, which will allow you to enter the school or youth program you are associated with at the time of your test.
- Once you are logged into the site, the Customer ID must be entered.
- The code for all St. Luke’s ImPACT tests is: AZYV8QSNXT
- PLEASE SELECT Parkland High School AS YOUR SCHOOL
- If you do not you will not show up on our list as completed.
- What should I do when I finish? After completing the test, it will ask you to enter your email twice. Enter whichever email of yours that you would like. After entering your email please click send confirmation and then you are okay to exit out of the test
- Is it possible to fail the test? Yes, it is possible to fail the exam, if you do you will need to retake the baseline.
- Should I enter Additional Demographics? Yes, please enter the additional demographics section.
- What is my total years of education? This will be the grade that you are going into MINUS 1 YEAR.
- How many years of competition at this level? This question is in the additional demographics section and is asking how many years you have competed at the high school level competition (I.e. incoming 9th graders please put 0).
- What if I play multiple sports? If you plan on trying out for multiple sports, please put the sport that will be played first.
- What is my current position/event/class? What if I do not have one? Your current position/weight class is the one that you plan on playing. If your sport does not have a position, please just leave that section blank.
- What if I had a previous concussion, but do not remember the exact date? This is completely okay; we ask that you please just make the best guess to the date that you can.
- What does strenuous exercise mean? Have you worked out and completed any sort of physical activity in the last 3 hours.
- What should I do when I finish? After completing the test, it will ask you to enter your email twice. Enter whichever email of yours that you would like. After entering your email please click send confirmation and then you are okay to exit out of the test.