For this WebQuest, you will answer the questions, given the links for the information. The links are ABOVE the questions…no need to search anywhere else.
All answers are within THAT given website.
Your answer sheets are numbered from 1–40. Fill in with the correct answers. 50 Points total.
PLEASE make sure you answer ALL parts of each question!
IF YOU DO NOT FINISH IT IN CLASS, MAKE SURE YOU COMPLETE IT BY WEDNESDAY, MARCH 14th.
1. If I live in Bavaria, would I have school on Friday, January 6th?
2. Does anyone have school on Friday, April 6th? WHY?
3. What holiday is on Wednesday, October 3rd?
4. How long is my school break for the summer in 2012? From _____ to ______. (remember it is day.month.year)
5. How many days do I have off for Easter?
6. Do you recognize some of the songs on the TOP 100 in Germany? How/Why?
7. Using only the TOP 20 songs, how many are GERMAN/NOT ENGLISH?
8. How many of the TOP 5 Videos are GERMAN? (sidebar)
9. What song is number 100?
10. How many songs does ADELE have on the German TOP 50?
11. List the Top 10 German cities to visit.
12. Which city would I go to if I wanted to see a major harbor city with more bridges than in “Amsterdam and Venice combined?”
13. Which city is the major hub of Germany and Europe with it’s airport? What else is interesting about this city?
14. Which city was one of the few NOT destroyed during WWII? List another fact about this town.
15. How many German car companies are there? List them.
16. List 3 facts about the BMW company.
17. What is Karl Benz famous for?
18. What did the Opel Company start out by making?
19. In the VW paragraph, list 5 of the car brands owned by Porsche Holdings.
20. Who is the chancellor of Germany?
21. List two interesting facts about the Chancellor.
22. List two facts about the Job of the Chancellor.
23. There is also a president of Germany. What is the difference between the President and Chancellor?
24. How many years of schooling are there in Germany?
25. Who regulates the education in Germany? What could be the disadvantage to this? (2nd paragraph and 2nd to LAST paragraph)
26. List the various schools and describe in DETAIL the characteristics of each.
Land and People:
27. What is the population of Germany and how is this important?
28. What is interesting about the German language?
29. What is interesting about the German athletes?
Culture and Sciences:
30. List four of the German composers.
31. List six German inventions.
Environment and Ecology:
32. What is interesting about Environment and the German government?
33. What term was coined by Ernst Haeckel?
34. Describe the Germans and recycling.
35. What and Where is the world’s oldest brewery?
Construction and Architechture:
36. List two interesting facts from this section.
37. How much does Germany export? Ranked?
38. How many people does BASF employ?
39. What is the tax rate?
40. What is an interesting fact about the Frankfurt airport?
CHECK YOUR ANSWERS AND MAKE SURE YOU COMPLETED ALL SECTIONS OF EACH QUESTION!
TURN ANSWER SHEET IN TO FRAU! DANKE!