Quick and easy Podcasts:
http://www.gcast.com/ – Use your phone to post quick and easy podcasts.
http://www.wikispaces.com – Please use the secure locked down version for teachers. The other versions have advertisements that may break the new Web Policy.
WordPress on the Parkland Domain – This is the recommended site for Blogs. Again, please use security in approving what is posted.
Contact Joan McCue for accounts and questions. email@example.com or extension 65562
SOME FAVORITE WEB 2.0 SITES:
1. Picnik http://www.picnik.com – allows you to edit photos online; has many Photoshop-like effects
2. Delicious http://delicious.com – a social bookmarking site; my account is JasonHenry; it’s great for teachers who want to be able to access theirbookmarks from home or school.
3. Animoto http://www.animoto.com – this is a good PhotoStory alternative for Mac users.
4. Visuwords http://www.visuwords.com – online graphical dictionary; interesting spin on a traditional tool.
5. Google Tools http://www.google.com – use google docs, calendar, maps, etc. interactively with your students
6. Teacher Tube http://teachertube.com -post lessons you created or search for video lessons other teachers created.
7. Surveys/Polls http://polldaddy.com- create surveys and polls for your website, blog and social network profiles
8. Convert File Types http://zamzar.com, http://www.mediaconverter.org, or http://media-convert.com These websites allow you to convert file types to be compatible with your software. – i.e. wmv to m4v video file
9. Timelines http://xtimeline.com -interactive online timelines.
10. Donate Rice http://freerice.com – select a topic and the site will donate rice for every correct answer.
VOCAB REVIEW SITES:
http://www.studystack.com You enter your words and it creates a variety of games based on the vocab terms.
http://quizlet.com/ This is a free tutorial site that many English teachers have been using to set up flashcard reviews for vocab.