Information Technology III is a full year laboratory-oriented course, which meets three class periods per 6-day cycle. Classroom projects foster critical thinking, reading, organization, teamwork, presentation, and other typical workplace skills.
The 8th grade projects utilize the following skills/concepts:
- Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher
- Desktop publishing
- Internet research
- Internet safety
- Appropriate medium
- Quality work
- Dream Team – Integrated Microsoft Office simulation
- Missing – Internet safety simulation
- PSSA prep for math and reading
- CORE teachers create and assign math and reading assignments regularly
- Computer provided immediate feedback at the end of each session
- Resources available for remedial work
- Study Island can be accessed in and out of school
Activity period passes are available to students to complete make up work, as well as, for extra time to complete given assignments. Students must have a pass from their Info Tech teacher prior to activity period. Labs may be closed periodically; students must check with their teachers.