General Classroom Rules
- Cell Phones are not allowed in class per District Policy
- Discard candy, gum, food and beverages as you enter the lab.
- Clear workspace of all personal belongings.
- Assume responsibility for your own area-report missing equipment, malfunctions, or damage immediately. Never attempt to correct the problem yourself.
- Shut down/restart computer only when instructed to do so.
- Keep computer settings as established by network administrator.
- Make up missed work as soon as possible. Ask for passes-this is your responsibility.
- Bathroom sign out varies by teacher. See individual teacher policy.
- Use computers properly or face disciplinary action.
- Be respectful and courteous at all times.
- Raise your hand and wait to be recognized.
- Ask permission to leave your assigned workstation.
- Stop all work and listen attentively when the teacher is speaking.
- Refrain from touching other students’ computers.
- Speak in a whisper if giving assistance to another student.
- Comply with Parkland School District’s Acceptable Use Policy at all times. Refer to Parkland School District’s website for the complete policy.
- Keep your password confidential.
- Refrain from accessing/modifying others’ files and programs.
- Use network resources wisely.
- Use the Internet only when instructed to do so.
- Avoid the following:
- Game playing
- Chat rooms
- Personal e-mail accounts
- Inappropriate and non-school related web sites
- Maintain an organized folder of all handouts, assignments, etc.
- Bring agenda book and pencil to class every day.
- Bring SSR book to class daily.