- On all Early Dismissal days the library will close 15 minutes after dismissal.
- On days preceding holidays, the library will close at 3:00 p.m.
- On early closings due to inclement weather, the library will close for the day.
The Library Media Center of today is a facility with global access to numerous sources and ideas in various formats.
The Library/Research Center offers advanced technology: Online subscription databases, print resources, and equipment offer a wide variety of opportunities for information retrieval. As a member of ACCESS PA, materials that are not available in the district can often be obtained through interlibrary loan. Computers are available for student and staff use. Everyone is required to use a photo ID for admission to the library and to borrow library materials.
- Books from regular shelves may be borrowed for two weeks and may be renewed if no other borrowers are waiting for them. There is a charge of $.10 per day for materials not returned on time.
- Books in use may be reserved and the student will be notified as soon as they become available.
- Reference books and books on reserve must be used in the library during the school day. After school, they may be checked out for overnight use. There is a fine of $.50 per day, per item, for late materials.
- Back issues of unbound magazines circulate for two weeks and may be renewed. A fine of $.10 per day, per item, will be charged for late materials.
- Videos and DVDs may be borrowed overnight. There is a $.50 per day, per item fee for late materials.
- A coin-operated photocopy machine is available.
- All materials borrowed are assumed to be in good condition when checked out unless otherwise reported at that time. Students are held responsible for the condition of those materials upon their return.
- 90 Computers (PC/Mac)
- 18 Internet Databases
- Videos, DVDs, Audiobooks, Kindles
- 30,000 Printed Volumes, ebooks, book downloads available through Overdrive
- 40 Current Magazine subscriptions
- 4 Professional Periodicals
- Yearbooks from 1929 to current
- Newspapers: The Morning Call, Parkland Press, USA Today