Ms. Robbins email@example.com Rm 279 610 351-5900 ext 61279
Miss Bauer firstname.lastname@example.org Rm 277 610 351-5900 ext 61277
NAME:________________________ sec_____ HR_________
Be Prepared: Everyday Requirements
- 2 Wooden pencils with erasers, art folder with pocket and agenda book every day
- 10 pieces of lined paper, 10 pieces of printer paper no holes
- Cleanup thoroughly. Everything must be clean/put away before leaving for next class. Late slip- if you leave late unnecessarily.
- Listen, follow instructions and cleanup on time.
- Dress Appropriately- wear apron, or old button up on “messy days”.
- Put your name, section and Homeroom on Everything & Never fold your artwork.
- Always ask permission to use the lav, and then sign out by the bulletin & always shut door.
- Be respectful to instructor, others, and their work.
- Leave things nicer than you found them (not because you have to… but because you can).
- Everyone deserves a turn. Remain quiet when someone else is speaking.
- No Gum or Candy! You will not be allowed to make art that class period.
- Do not take ANYTHING from the art room: it is considered stealing!
Be Environmentally Conscientious:
- Use only what you need (paint, paper, paper towels, etc)
- Do not use paper towels to dry tables, just clean sponge will suffice (do fine).
- Re use, Renew, Recycle (At school and at home)!
- Draw lightly on paper, always erase and use both sides of paper if needed
- Always do your Best Work. Don’t worry about comparing yourself to others.
- Learn by your mistakes- we will always do a rough sketch first
- Be encouraging to others and be honest! Learn how to give compliments and suggestions tactfully.
- NAME, SEC, HR- 5 points lost for no last name, 1/2 credit for no name
- Notebook/pencil missing- 5 points
- Late work- any homework – 10 points for next day only/ after that 1 point.
- Absent: 2 days added on to make up work- ask what you missed and Always write ABSENT on the back of your work. It is your responsibility to show teacher receive credit for H.W. if it is late.
Steps of Discipline:
1) Warning/Personal Conference, 2) Reflection Sheet or Phone call home, 3) Pink Referral Slip
7th gr ART GRADE SHEET
Name Types of Assignments Ms Robbins
*These are estimated projects and dates and are subject to change.
|DATE||THEME||medium||My points||Total points||Date Turned in (if late)|
|Notebook with pocket and 2 wooden pencils, 10 pieces of white printer paper w/ NO holes & 10 pieces of lined paper||10|
|Parent signature paper: signed||10|
|Print visual homework||10|
|Print series completed||100|
|Sculptor Visual homework||10|
|Sculpture with color/texture Completed||100|
|Preparedness for class||25|
Homework Assignments: OPTIONS
- Find images from home photos, magazines, newspaper, books, library, or try a free image website like http://www.pics4learning.com/
- All sources/URL must be documented at bottom of your Homework/printed paper!
- If printer is broken, email or flashdrive it to friend, print it during homeroom,at library, or as a last resource, email your teacher in Jpeg format the night before.
- Remember to AVOID drawing images that are not school appropriate: violent acts, weapons, provocative clothing, drugs, alcohol, and copyrighted images etc…
Extra Credit: 10 points maximum per year
- 1 hour drawing of choice: 5 pts each
- Swiffer containers (empty); 1 pt
- Artwork from home to share: 2 pts. * Do not bring original if valuable- make a copy /photo.
Assessment: Grades are based on the following:
- Creativity: Artistic Integrity and original design/
- Craftsmanship: Use of technique and handling /care of materials.
- Fulfillment of Requirements: Elements and Principals of Design/ level of difficulty.
- Critiques: Use of Art History & symbolism to give meaning to or interpret artwork.
Commitment and Signatures:
I have read and I understand the policies and will honor them.
Student Signature: _________________________ Date: _____
I have read and discussed the guidelines with my child.