WELCOME TO FULL DAY KINDERGARTEN!!!
Kindergarten is a journey, not a race.
Happy February! The 100th day of school will be February 12th if we can remain snow day free! (Even if we don’t we will still celebrate it on the 12th!) Valentine’s Day will be celebrated on the 14th and we will have a 4 day weekend Friday the 16 to Monday the 19th. I am still counting the days until Spring! As part of the Wonder’s Unit 5 curriculum we planted crocus bulbs and are watching them grow on our tables! We will plant them in the courtyard when the Spring thaw arrives!
Some things about Mrs. Hein:
- Teaching KG for 13 years.
- Environmental Lab Coordinator for Kratzer Elementary. (I get to work with all the kiddos exploring the courtyard and our surrounding environment! Look in the courtyard for our turtles Chip and Rex!)
- Energy Champ…As part of Kratzer’s Energy Team I help find ways to make our school more energy efficient and environmentally conscious.
- Graduate of Bloomsburg University, BA in English/Journalism
- Teaching Certificate from Cedar Crest College (This is my 2nd career! I was in the business world…working for Dun & Bradstreet for 10 years before I left to be a stay-at-home mom, then a teacher!)
- Wonderful Family Including Husband of 20 years -David, Amanda – 18 year old daughter who is a former Kratzer Kiddo and now goes to the High School this year as a Junior (Wow time flies!), and Indi – our 8 year old long haired German Shepard Dog.
- I grew up on a farm. I had lots of pets: a dog, cats, rabbits, ducks, chickens, and even a cow. (I was also chased by every one of those animals…except the rabbit!)
- Hobbies: Gardening, Canning, Sewing, Photography, Baking, Collecting Seashells and Barbie Collectible Dolls, and being very creative!
- Very into Recycling!
- Love plants, flowers, animals, and THE BEACH!