7th Grade Health
Overview of Course
Everything you do affects your overall level of health. You will learn that wellness is achieved by maintaining healthy behavior and by making wise decisions that impact your body, your mind, and your relationships with others. Good health habits promote the stability of the systems in the body and help you react appropriately to stress. We will take a closer look at the structure and function of some of the body systems and at how stress, drug use, and disease play a role in the performance of each system. Knowing how to properly care for your body will enhance your ability to perform your daily activities and to get all you can out of life before it gets all it can out of you!!!
- Wellness / Health Triangle
- Decision-Making / Problem-Solving
- Organization of Life
- Skeletal System
- Muscular System
- Circulatory System
- Respiratory System
- Care and Prevention of Common Problems and Diseases
- Components of Fitness and Conditioning
- Substance Abuse Prevention
• Arrive on time to class. Bring a pass if you are late.
• Bring your Health book, notebook, and a writing utensil to every class.
• Ask for material missed if you were absent.
• Conduct yourself in a manner that allows ALL students to learn.
• Refer to the Student Handbook for all items not covered here but are your responsibility.
• Your grade will be based on “Total Possible Points”.
• Points will be accumulated in the form of homework, quizzes, tests, and notebook checks.
• I will provide a “Table of Contents” for you to keep track of each page in your notebook.
• You are responsible for including each page in your notebook, keeping them in order, and completing each page as instructed.
• If you are absent, it is your responsibility to ask me what you have missed and to make up the work on your own. We can set up a time for you to check your answers with me and to ask for clarification of the material covered in your absence.
• A= 90 – 100 B= 80 – 89 C= 70 – 79 D= 60 –69 F= 0 – 59
• The amount of time, effort, and energy you put into this class will be indicated by your overall grade.
• YOU determine what grade YOU receive!!!
• The decisions that you make and the actions that you take, Determine who you are today and the “Quality of Life” you will have along the way!!!
• It’s YOUR decision – Make it a HEALTHY one!!!
I am looking forward to getting to know you and to enjoying our time together both in health and in physical education classes!!!
Have Fun and Keep Smiling!!!
Ms. Hartenstine 😀