Due, Monday, March 24th 2014
What you need:
– the art policies paper read & signed by the student and a parent/guardian (25 pts)
– (2) #2 wooden pencils with erasers (10 pts)
– art folder with a pocket (10 pts)
– 10 pieces white computer or construction paper/ 10 pieces lined paper (5 pts)
total 50 pts.
Due, Thursday February 13th
Please bring in AT LEAST 3 different images that will be used for your clay tile. These images can be in color or black and white. If you cannot print images at home, please email them to me at email@example.com. You may also bring them to school on a flash drive and print them in homeroom/art room. The images cannot be cliché, copywritten, logos, etc.
Tiles can be design based, abstract, or depict something more realistic. You will need to make at least four different sketches/plans in class.
Here are some ideas:
– research tiles from another culture- India, China, Japan, Middle East, Africa, etc.
– find images of patterns- in nature, fabrics, designs, etc.
– find images that are personal/meaningful for you (i.e. family photos, vacation pics, etc.)
If you printer is broken, out of ink, etc. please email pictures to me at firstname.lastname@example.org or put images on a flash drive and then print them at school (during homeroom if you can)
Portrait Pictures: The “Selfie” that tells a story: Due Monday, March 10th
Please bring in at least 4 different views of your face. These can be of just one individual feature (like an eye or mouth), of your entire face, or part of your face. Each photograph should be expressive, and be communicating some sort of feeling or emotion (for example an eye that looks surprised, angry, sad, happy, confused, etc.) These photographs will be put together to tell a story, communicate an idea, etc. Be creative! You may also use accessories or “props”- like a mouth blowing a bubble, an ear with earrings, an earbud…Please avoid photographs that are void of expression or any sort of interest! Photographs can be in color or black and white. If you do not have a printer/out of ink/etc. email pictures to me at email@example.com. Actual photographs can also be used, from the past year (recently taken) of you!
EX: an angry eye, tense mouth (biting a pencil), hand on the forehead, and another surprised eye (what story could these features be trying to tell?)
FINAL EXAM: TBA
* exam will include matching, fill in the blank (with and WITHOUT word bank for some sections), true/false, short answer
address to study guide here: