Due Monday, March 24th 2014
What you need:
– the art policies paper read & signed by the student and a parent/guardian (25 pts)
– (2) #2 wooden pencils with erasers (10 pts)
– art folder with a pocket (10 pts)
– 10 pieces of white computer or construction paper/ 10 pieces lined paper (5 pts)
total of 50 pts
Due Thursday, February 6th 2014
7th Grade Endangered Species Research
Completed research: 20 pts.
1) 1) Select an extinct, endangered, or threatened species (can be a mammal, bird, reptile, amphibian, fish, insect) to research. Please select an animal that you are interested in, would like to learn more about, and would like to draw for your project. Please find an animal that you have not heard about or know much about, no tigers, pandas, or very well-known creatures etc.
Here are a few websites to get you started
http://www.portal.state.pa.us/portal/server.pt?open=514&objID=621014&mode=2 (endangered PA animals)
http://www.fws.gov/endangered/ (allows you to find endangered species by state)
http://www.iucnredlist.org/search (resource for endangered, threatened, and extinct species)
1) 2) Please provide the following about your selected animal: 5 pts.
1. Name of animal:
2. Status (endangered, threatened, or extinct):
3. Reason for decline:
4. Animal’s habitat (i.e. country, continent, geographic area, etc.)
5. General notes (size, weight, height, color,)
2) 3) Why did you select this animal to research? What about this animal caught your attention first? (at least two complete sentences) 5 pts.
3) 4)What was the most interesting or surprising piece of information you discovered in your research of this animal? (provide at least 2 facts, findings, etc.) 5 pts.
W 5) what could be done or what actions need to be taken to help this animal survive? (at least 2 complete sentences) 5 pts.
Completed homework: 50 pts.
5) Please print an image of your selected animal. The image should be a photograph, unless the animal is extinct and an image cannot be located. Image can be color or black and white, must be clear in quality and a good size (at least a quarter of a page). If you don’t have a printer, it’s broken, out of ink, etc. please bring image on a flash drive or email the image to email@example.com, preferably early in the evening. This is worth 25 pts.
6) Please bring an image of your animal’s habitat (i.e. grassland, tundra, coral reef). Please follow the guidelines above for images. This image is worth 25 pts.
Due: Wednesday, February 26th 2014: printmaking image
Bring in a photographic image related to Mexican culture. Please avoid all cliché and stereotypical images. Examples of acceptable themes/images: Mexican landscapes, food, dress, ceremony (think Day of the Dead, celebrations, buildings/architecture, crafts/art, etc.)
Image can be in color or black and white; cannot be CLIP ART
If printer is broken/out of ink email images to firstname.lastname@example.org
FINAL EXAM: TBA
* will be matching, fill in the blank (word bank provided), fill in the blank (no word bank), multiple choice, true/false, short answer and essay
address to study guide here: