Miss Bauer email@example.com Rm 277
NAME:________________________ sec_____ HR_________
Be Prepared: Everyday Requirements
- 2 Wooden pencils with erasers: 10 points
- Art folder with pocket: 10 points
- 10 pieces of white paper (construction, computer, etc.) 5 pts *will only need 10 pieces for the entire marking period
- Parent signature on this paper/Agenda book: 25 points
- Cleanup thoroughly. Everything must be clean/put away before leaving for next class. Late slip- if you leave late unnecessarily.
- Listen; follow instructions and cleanup on time.
- Dress Appropriately- wear apron, or old button up on “messy days.”
- Put your name, section and homeroom on everything.
- Always ask permission to use the lav, and then sign out by the bulletin.
- Never fold your artwork
- No copyrighted images
- To instructor, others, and their work.
- Leave things nicer than you found them.
- Everyone deserves a turn. Remain quiet when someone else is speaking.
- No Gum or Candy!- You will not be allowed to make art that class period.
- Do not take ANYTHING from the art room: it is considered stealing!
Be Environmentally Conscientious:
- Use only what you need (paint, paper towels, etc.)
- Do not use paper towels to dry tables, just clean sponge will suffice.
- Re use, Renew, Recycle! (At school and at home)
- Draw lightly on paper, always erase and use both sides of paper if necessary.
- Always do your best work
- Learn by your mistakes- we will always do a rough sketch first.
- Be encouraging and be honest!
- NAME, SEC, HR- 5 points lost for no last name, 1/2 credit for no name
- Notebook/pencil missing- 5 points lost
- Late work- any homework – 1/2 credit for next day only/ after that 1 point.
- Absent: 2 days added on to make up work- ask what you missed and Always write ABSENT on the back of your work.
Steps of Discipline:
- Warning/Personal Conference
- Reflection Sheet or Phone call home/ as deemed necessary
- Pink Referral Slip
Types of Assignments:
o Introductory projects: 100 pts
o Small drawings
o Mixed media collages
o Major projects: 200 pts
o 10% off every day late
o Essays and Reports: 50 pts
o Homework and Class Participation: 25 points
o Bring in a visual – if printer is broken/email photo must be in Jpeg form
(email to firstname.lastname@example.org)
o Prepared: -notebook, agenda book, pencil
o Class participation and cleanup duties
o Extra Credit: 10 points maximum per year
o 1 hour drawing of choice: 5 points each
o Lidded Containers (empty and clean); 1 point (i.e. butter tubs, coffee containers, etc)
o Artwork from home to share: 2 points. * get permission from home and do not bring original art if valuable- make a copy/ or photograph it.
Assessment: Grades are based on the following:
o Creativity/ Artistic Integrity
o Fulfillment of Requirements: Elements and Principals of Design
Commitment and Signatures:
I have read and I understand the policies and will honor them.
Student Signature: _________________________ Date: _____
I have read and discussed the guidelines with my child.