The following collections have begun to help neighbors who have been impacted by Hurricane Sandy recover:
- Orefield Middle School is collecting gift cards and nonperishable food that will be delivered to victims on Staten Island, NY through December 21st. Please bring items to the main office care of Angela Bachert.
- The Parkland High School Red Cross Club, led by PHS math teacher Kayla Lower, is collecting items November 14 – 30 in the PHS lobby so that students in the club can put together comfort kids. Comfort Kit items must be new and unused and travel size and include: shampoo and conditioner, tissues, wash cloths, body wash, combs, toothbrushes, toothpaste and deodorant.
- Abby Rutch-7th Grade Learning Support Teacher at Springhouse Middle School led a collection in her school to collect supplies for Union Beach/Keyport, NJ residents who lost everything in the recent storm. Goodyear donated the use of 19 box trucks in order for the items to be transported to New Jersey’s FEMA site tomorrow.
- A Kernsville Elementary School family who lost their home during the storm will receive Kernsville Change for a Cause receipts and the school’s PTO is also making a donation. Clothing was also collected to help meet some of the family’s immediate needs.
- Fogelsville Elementary School collected socks for those in need and held a crazy sock day today to celebrate their collection.
- Springhouse, Orefield and Kratzer schools will be collecting money during dress down day to benefit Hurricane victims next Friday.
- Cetronia art teachers had students create cards for the electricians who have been working above and beyond. The school is also planning a supplies collection for the coming month.
- Starting Wednesday, November 14 till Wednesday, November 21, the Ironton Student Council will be collecting items for the victims of Hurricane Sandy in Staten Island.
- Parkway Manor Student Council and PTO are asking Staff and students to contibute a dollar or more in exchange for a Sand Dollar to place on their Sand Castle. All proceeds will go to the Red Cross. Sale starts November 16th.