School Nurse – Deborah Costigan
Healthroom Aide – Sue Harrington
Greetings from the Health Room at Kratzer Elementary School. Jean Evans, Certified School Nurse and Sue Harrington, Health Room Aide, staff the Health Room at Kratzer Elementary School.
The Health Room provides many services to the students. Our goal is to maintain the health of each and every student to ensure success in the classroom.
Remember the Essentials of Good Health for your child.
1. Get 9-10 hours of sleep
2. Enjoy well balanced meals and snacks that include a variety of five fruits and vegetables each day.
3. Keep physically active for at least 60 minutes a day and limit TV/computer/video game time to 2 hours daily.
4. See their dentist for a dental cleaning and check up twice a year.
5. Wash their hands frequently to stop the spread of germs at home and at school.
THE SCHOOL HEALTH SCREENING PROGRAM includes the following:
- VISION ( near and far) annually for all grades
- HEARING annually for grades kindergarten – 3
- HEIGHT, WEIGHT AND BODY MASS INDEX annually for all grades
- OTHER HEALTH and WELLNESS PROGRAMS INCLUDE:
*Growth and Development for all 5th Grade students
* Dental Health
* Instruction to promote increased awareness of the short and long term health and wellness benefits of physical activity and by making healthy food choices.
Visit the Health Services Page on the Parkland School District website for information about:
- Pennsylvania state mandates for required physicals and dental exams and immunizations
- Illness information
- Medication policy
- PA Dept. of Health
- Healthy Life Styles