If you need to speak with a teacher, e-mail a teacher, or leave the teacher a voice mail message, please keep in mind that teachers have specific responsibilities once children begin to arrive at school and again at the end of the day. At these busy times, a teacher may not be able to give you their full attention so please schedule a meeting at a convenient time for both you and the teacher.
Volunteers and Visitors
Volunteers and visitors are to report to the office to sign-in and obtain a Volunteer or Visitor Badge, and sign-out at the end of the visit. Exceptions to a visitor who is required to sign-in and obtain a badge:
- Parent Conferences
- Attendance at programs (Bands, Chorus, Plays, etc.)
Homework for Absent Students
- Homework will be sent home upon parent request.
- Parent requests for homework need to be made to the office before 10:30 a.m. so that teachers have an opportunity to prepare the work.
- Requested homework will be available in the office at 3:25 p.m.
- Homework will be sent home with a sibling or friend upon request.
- During bus drop-off and pick-up, it is not permissible to park in the lot at the front of the school.
- When dropping off a child in the morning, please drive into the side lot, pull up as much as possible, and remain in your vehicle while your child exits quickly. Students are not permitted to enter the building before 8:35 a.m. as there is no supervision provided.
- If your child is arriving after 8:50 a.m., you must come into the office and sign him/her in.
- If your child is to be picked up at dismissal time, please use the side lot, remain in your car. We will dismiss students to the car.
- For safety and security reasons, parents are not permitted to escort any child to the classroom. If assistance is needed, someone will be available to direct him/her. When bringing in snacks or treats, please drop them in the office and we will make sure they get to the classroom. To help, please label all snacks and belongings with your child’s first and last name.
All students will ride the bus to and from school each day. If you need to make alternative arrangements, you must send the request to school so that the teacher is aware of any changes. The teacher will share this with the office. If you need to call the school office to make changes, please try to call before 3:00 p.m. to ensure the message gets the the classroom teacher. Without prior notification, all students will be placed on the bus.