Learn All About Cub Scouts Cub Pack 144
Parkland Summer Camps for All Ages – Academic, Athletic, Recreation, Music/Art and More! A list of Parkland-area Sumer Camps is conveniently located all in one place on the Parkland Web Site for your convenience at: http://www.parklandsd.org/community/summercamps/
- Friday, April 25: Family Fun Night (see flyer below)
- Friday, April 25: Report Cards sent home.
- Friday, April 25: Donations due for basket raffle (see below)
- Monday & Tuesday, April 28 & 29: PSSA Science Grade 4
- Tuesday, April 29: Yearbook Order Forms Due Yearbook Order Form
Please click on link below to view the flyers related to the events above and for other important Ironton / PTO / Community Information please click on the link below.
Box Tops for Education Contest Box Tops Contest
Camp Invention Camp Invention
Report to Parents – Rewards of Reading Flyer Rewards of Reading
April Important Dates
- April 29th: 5th grade District Band/Strings Concert at Parkland High School @ 7:30 pm
Please note changes were made to some of the dates for end of year activities
- June 12th: Moving Up Ceremony (rescheduled from June 5th)
- June 19th: End of Year Slide Show (rescheduled from June 12th )
- June 20th: Last Day of School (rescheduled from June 13th)
More end of year activities
- June 6th: 5th grade Picnic (same date)
- June 13th: First Annual Field Day – Fun in the Sun, grades K-5 (more info to follow)
- June 16th: Rain Date Field Day
Breakfast is always an important meal (especially during PSSA testing)!
Starting out the day with a healthy breakfast heightens student achievement. Over the next few weeks, students will be preparing and taking required exams. This is a reminder that all Parkland School District Schools have breakfast available for students. Give it a try!!! Some things you may not know about breakfast at Parkland.
- Breakfast is available for ALL students
- The breakfast menu is listed on the Elementary Lunch Menu
- A breakfast includes milk, fruit or juice, and a whole grain product (cereal, pancake, bagel, etc.)
- Students use the same account they use for lunch
- Students who receive free or reduced lunch also receive free or reduced breakfast ($.30)
- Breakfast is also available at both middle schools and the high school
- Paid breakfasts are $1.10 and you can use your existing “Caftrac” account
The Parkland Food Service Department will be doing promotions and giveaways through the district in April. We will be giving away a HD Television and Nook. More information will be sent to you shortly. Good luck to all students who will be taking tests over the next few weeks. If you have any questions about breakfast, please contact us at holmest@parklandSD.org or 610-351-5670.
- Congratulations to Mrs. Perloff’s class for winning the Labels for Education contest. Thanks to everyone for participating and don’t forget to keep collecting labels for another contest in the Spring.
- Reading Connection April 2014 Reading Connections April 2014
- Home & School Connection April 2014 Home School April 2014
- Additional Health & Wellness Info March 2014 Health Wellness Snack Tips
Summer Reading Skills Programs at Kutztown University Reading Skills Flyer front Reading Skills Flyer back
Dear Ironton Parents,
The winter weather has made its presence known in the past few months, causing a number of challenges for all of us! One of the challenges taking place at Ironton School involves parent drop-off and pick-up in Ironton’s parking lot at the back of the school.
- Please be sure to park solely in the designated parking spots when dropping off or picking up your child at school.
- Parking in undesignated areas has created hazardous situations which are compromising the safety of our students.
- Please wait patiently in the flow of traffic and do not allow your child to exit your vehicle until your car is pulled up next to the portable classrooms. Mr. Defazio will then monitor your child’s safe exit from your car to the parking lot and into the building.
While we all understand that schedules are especially demanding and it is frustrating to wait in a line of traffic, I know that our common priority is the safety of ALL Ironton students. Thank you for taking an active role in keeping our boys and girls safe at school!
Lynette C. Smith, Principal
- March 2014 Health Wellness Information March 2014 Health Wellness