Dear Ironton Parents,
The winter weather has made its presence known in the past few months, causing a number of challenges for all of us! One of the challenges taking place at Ironton School involves parent drop-off and pick-up in Ironton’s parking lot at the back of the school.
- Please be sure to park solely in the designated parking spots when dropping off or picking up your child at school.
- Parking in undesignated areas has created hazardous situations which are compromising the safety of our students.
- Please wait patiently in the flow of traffic and do not allow your child to exit your vehicle until your car is pulled up next to the portable classrooms. Mr. Defazio will then monitor your child’s safe exit from your car to the parking lot and into the building.
While we all understand that schedules are especially demanding and it is frustrating to wait in a line of traffic, I know that our common priority is the safety of ALL Ironton students. Thank you for taking an active role in keeping our boys and girls safe at school!
Lynette C. Smith, Principal
- Wednesday, March 5th: Ironton’s Kindergarten Registration for children who will be 5 years of age before 10-1-14. Please contact school office for an appointment. There will be NO Kindergarten Classes that day.
- The 3rd Marking Period will be extended to Thursday, April 10th. Report Cards will be distributed on April 25th.
Parents, ask your children about our Endangered Animals. The “Save the Animals Club” will be accepting donations in the school lobby on March 6th & 7th.
- March 2014 Health Wellness Information March 2014 Health Wellness
Week of December 16-20
Attached is the Absence/Attendance Policy found in the Elementary Handbook. When a student is absent from school, the parent/guardian is required to call the school attendance hotline (610-351-5900, ext. 25711). If a call is not received by 9:30 am, the office staff will call the home. If no one answers the phone, and the office leaves a message, the parent/guardian should call the school at their earliest convenience. If the school is not contacted or a note explaining the absence is not received by the school office within three (3) school days of return to classes, the absence will be considered unexcused/illegal. The school office staff will provide written notice to the parent/guardian upon each incident of unlawful absence.