“An ideal recess program is both fun and effective in that it reduces conflict and helps kids be more active, motivated and involved.”
- The playground aides must be listened to at all times to enjoy the privilege of using the playground. Be respectful and responsible members of the Ironton School Community!
- Don’t run in front of or in back of people on the swings.
- Walk on the playscape — if you run you can slip against the metal.
- Slides are to be used in one way — bottoms on the slide going down.
- No sitting on top of the monkey bars.
- Make sure you can climb equipment before you start. If you fall, bend your knees and relax.
- If you can’t reach it — don’t go on it.
- Grass will be for soccer games and walking course.
- Put equipment back on the cart or leave it for the next class.
- Go to your class line immediately when you are told to line up by the playground aides.”
- Fighting has no place on the Ironton playground — good sportsmanship does.
For Fifth Grade:
If there is approriate behavior, you can earn footballs and foxtails on the playground for a week. 5 weeks of good behavior = 1 week of extras!
- There are 3 playground aides outside at all times.
- Students will be allowed in the grass for soccer.
- There is an orange line painted before the maintenance shed for 3rd grade students to wait for equipment.