The fourth grade team is committed to making a community of learners. Good study habits and test taking skills are an integral part of insuring success in fourth grade.
Study Habit Tips
- Choose a homework drop site to develop the habit of always putting completed assignments in the same space.
- Schedule a daily homework time
- Establish a study area free from distractions
- Obtain all necessary materials to complete assignments
- Become an independent worker
- Keep an assignment book
- Set specific expectations to complete homework each day
PSD Fourth Grade Curriculum
Houghton-Mifflin Reading Series Themes
- American Stories
- That’s Amazing
- Problem Solvers
Parts of Speech
- End Marks
- Dictionary Skills
- Writing Process and Strategies
- Letter Writing
Living in the United States
- The Northeast
- The Southeast
- The Midwest
- The Southwest
- The West
- The Land of Pennsylvania
- Into the Twenty-first Century
- Respiratory System
- Circulatory System
- Excretory System
- DARE – Drug and Alcohol Program
- Magnetism and Electricity
- Living Things
- The Solid Earth
Scott Foresman Math Series
- Place Value and Money
- Adding and Subtracting Whole Numbers
- Multiplication and Division Facts
- Time, Data, and Graphs
- Multiplying One-Digit
- Multiplying Two-Digit
- Geometry and Measurement
- Fraction Concepts
- Fraction Operations and Customary Measurement
- Decimals and Metric Measurement
- Graphing and Probability
- Type to Learn
- Word Processing
- Click here to visit Compass Learning – Compass Learning Odyssey
On-Line Math Sites
- Click here to visit Scott Foresman Successnet –Successnet
TEST TAKING TIPS
Be sure you understand what you need to do before beginning the test.
- Listen to the teacher’s directions carefully
- Read the directions and tell yourself what they mean in your own words.
- Read each question carefully.
- Read all your choices carefully.
- Look for important words in the answer choices like: never, always, most and not.
- Eliminate answer choices that stand out as wrong.
- Check all work and make sure all questions have been answered.