DON’T WAIT ———–VACCINATE NOW
FOR ATTENDANCE IN ALL GRADES,
NEW SCHOOL REGULATIONS in 2017/2018 children need the following:
- 4 doses of tetanus, diphtheria, and acellular pertussis*
(1 dose on or after the 4th birthday)
- 4 doses of polio-NEW
(4th dose on or after 4th birthday and at least 6 months after previous dose given)**
- 2 doses of measles, mumps, rubella ***
- 3 doses of hepatitis B
- 2 doses of varicella (chickenpox) Vaccine or history of disease
*Usually given as DTP or DTaP or if medically advisable DT or Td
** A fourth dose is not necessary if the third dose was administered at age 4 years or older and at least 6 months after the previous dose.
***Usually given as MMR
FOR ATTENDANCE IN 7th GRADE:
- 1 dose of tetanus, diphtheria, acellular pertussis (Tdap)
- 1 dose of meningococcal conjugate vaccine (MCV)
FOR ATTENDANCE IN 12th GRADE: NEW
- 2nd dose of meningococcal conjugate vaccine (MCV) at age 16 or older.
ON THE FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL, a child must have had a least one dose of the above vaccinations or risk exclusion. If additional doses are still needed, the dose(s) must be received within the FIRST FIVE (5) DAYS OF SCHOOL, if medically appropriate,-NEW or risk exclusion.
These requirements allow for medical reasons and religious/philosophical beliefs. If your child is exempt from immunizations, he/she may be removed from school during an outbreak.
Pennsylvania’s school immunization requirements can be found in 28 PA.CODE CH.23 (School Immunization)
Contact your health care provider or 1-877 PA HEALTH for more information