If Parkland School District is closed, has a delayed opening or an early dismissal as a result of inclement weather, the information will be disseminated via the commercial radio, TV, and the Parkland Web Page.
Therefore the following rules apply to bus service supplied by Parkland.
- If Parkland School District is closed – No transportation will be provided to any school, public, private or parochial.
- If Parkland School District opens 2 hours late – All bus transportation will be 1 or 2 hours late even if your school is running on a normal time schedule. If your student needs to be at school at the regular time, they need to provide their own transportation.
- If Parkland School District is operating on a normal schedule – All buses will run on a normal schedule regardless if your school is running late.
- Afternoon transportation will be normal on days that Parkland School District opens late.
- In the event Parkland School District decides to close early because of deteriorating weather conditions, public school parents will be notified by an automated telephone system. If you are a private or parochial parent, your school will be notified and they in turn will notify you. PSD will attempt to update families on early closing due to inclement weather in the event transportation is delayed.