Safety Considerations While Waiting for Bus
- Be at your stop 5 minutes early. Sitting in a car is not considered being at the stop.
- Be considerate of private property (no ball or game playing)
- Wait until bus comes to a complete stop. Never cross street to a bus stop until bus has put its red lights on and crossing arm is extended.
- If you are late, never run after a moving bus! (be 5 minutes early)
- Never chase after a bus to another bus stop in a car. You are not authorized to board the bus anywhere except at your assigned stop.
- Stay seated until bus comes to a complete stop.
- Students may exit the bus only at their assigned bus stop.
- Stand a safe distance away from the bus after exiting
- If crossing the street, always do so in front of the bus beyond the crossing arm where the driver can see you at all times.
Students are not allowed to board or get off a bus other than at their officially assigned stop in accordance with Pennsylvania Department of Education regulations. In the case of an emergency you must contact your school office and bus pass may be issued for your student to give to the bus driver. The passes are valid for one day only and will not be issued for things like play dates, work, and/or non-Parkland School District related activities/practices.
Lost & Found
Each bus driver is required to “walk through” the bus after each run to primarily to make sure there are no sleeping children. If the driver finds an article of clothing or a personal item of a student, the driver will keep the item on the bus so it can be returned to the student.