As we have evolved into a more sophisticated and more complex society, individuals, schools and communities have had to adjust to new ways of living. Whether we like it or not, the today that we know and the tomorrow that we anticipate will never again look like the yesterday we remember.
To this end, Parkland School District has prepared programs and processes to respond to the ever changing challenges of our times. We believe that the planning efforts of the Board of Directors, administration and staff have resulted in a Safe Schools Program that will ensure the safest possible learning environment for our students.
As you review the information provided in this website, please feel free to contact your child’s school should you have any questions. Your suggestions and reactions are certainly welcomed.
Richard T. Sniscak, Superintendent of Schools
Parkland School district is committed to the goal of providing a safe and supportive school community that fosters good citizenship and an environment conducive to learning. In compliance with state law and current best practice, the district provides programs and curricula addressing substance abuse and other risk factors to every student and in every grade level. Included on these pages are the programs and initiatives supported by our Safe and Drug Free School and Community Advisory Committee. The purpose of these pages is to provide a description of the scope and types of programs offered in every grade level to keep Parkland students safe—physically, emotionally, socially, and intellectually.
- Guidelines for parents on how to talk with their children about school shootings and other frightening events
- Pennsylvania Emergency Management Website
- Lehigh County Drug and Alcohol Abuse Services
- Visitor Policy
- Crisis Management Plan
- Administrative Discipline Policies
- Drug and Alcohol Abuse Prevention Programs
- Curriculum Presentations
- Peer Mediation
- S.A.D.D. Program
- D.A.R.E. Program
- Olweus Bullying Prevention Program
- School Wide Positive Behavior Support (SWPBS)
- Post Prom Party
- Parkland School District Emergency Task Force
- School Resource Officer
- Parkland Police Pals
- District Counselors/Psychologists
- Student Assistance Teams
- Daily Intervention and Enrichment
- D.E.A.L. (Disciplinary Educational Alternative Learning) Program
- Crisis Response Flight Team
- Parkland School District Safe and Drug Free School and Community Advisory Council
- Other Outside Agencies