FOGELSVILLE ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
Parkland School District is seeking an energetic, dynamic, instructional leader for a K-5 elementary school. Enrollment approximately 570 students. Appropriate administrative certificate required.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required. Knowledge of curriculum, teacher supervision/ evaluation, and instructional practices required.
- Evaluates the educational needs of the students served by the school and develops plans for meeting these needs.
- Provides leadership in the adaptation of the general program of educational approved for the schools to meet the specific needs of the community served.
- Supervises the instructional staff in the implementation of curriculum and development of the school curriculum.
- Evaluates the performance of the teaching staff to provide commendations and/or recommendations.
- Collaborates with the curriculum services staff for implementation and revision of the district curriculum.
- Screens, interviews and recommends to the superintendent, for school board approval, certified and non-certified personnel.
- Directs the activities of certified and non-certified staff members in the performance of their duties.
- Provides a secure school environment which will enhance the health, safety and welfare of the students and staff.
- Administers the school’s budgeted allocations.
- Administers a program for student evaluation, reporting and promotion.
- Assigns and schedules the building staff to provide for effective instruction. Visits the classrooms regularly to evaluate the performance of the teaching staff and recommends improved techniques and materials for more effective teaching, where appropriate.
- Establishes and implements guidelines for student conduct and discipline compatible with school district policies.
- Fosters a private school and community relationship.
- Communicates and implements board policies and administrative rules and regulations relating to the school.
- Consults with and coordinates the services of the support personnel to provide appropriate assistance for classroom teachers.
- Conducts meetings to keep teachers aware of policy changes, new programs and other pertinent district information.
- Schedules events held to recognize student achievement and attends school-sponsored activities.
- Serves as a liaison between school personnel and the chief school administrator.
- Provides for parent conferences in the best interests of pupils and the educational program.
- Continues to improve administrative and supervisor skills through attendance at appropriate workshops, conferences and/or through graduate level course work.
This job description may be updated and/or altered at the sole discretion of the employer.
Deadline is January 23, 2015. EOE.
Checklist for application for the above position:
- Letter of Interest
- Pennsylvania State Standard Application
- Copy of Certificate
- Copy of Transcripts
- (2) Recent Letters of Recommendation from Supervisors
- Clearances (Current Criminal History Check, Child Abuse and FBI Clearances will be required if selected for an interview)
Copy of your Cogent Registration ID Number (fingerprinting results). For further information please log on to www.pa.cogentid.com.
Copy of Criminal History Check, Act 34. Form is available on PA Dept. of Public Welfare site .
Copy of PA Child Abuse History Clearance, Act 151. Form is available on PA Dept. of Public Welfare site .
- Application materials should be sent to:
Pamela Kelly, Director of Human Resources Parkland School District
1210 Springhouse Rd.
Allentown, PA 18104
Or via email (in PDF format) to Linda Nagy, firstname.lastname@example.org
Certified School Nurse Temporary Position – 6 Weeks
• Appropriate PA certification required
• Position will be available for 6 weeks beginning early February 2015 at Parkland High School
Deadline to apply: Monday, January 26
If interested in applying, please visit our website for a list of required documents required. For questions, call (610) 351-5533.
None available at this time.
Positions are available for the 2014-2015 school year:
PART-TIME FOOD SERVICES SUBSTITUTES – Various District Locations
Substitute may be required to perform all or any of the following duties:
- Prepare food to proper temperatures
- Run machinery (slicer, large mixer, steamer, large ovens, etc.)
- Serve at counter
- Work in dish room with automatic dishwasher, wash pots and pans
- Clean all kitchen equipment
- Use computer in POS system
Previous experience in food service preferred.
# of days/year: Varies
Days/week: Varies (Monday through Friday)
Start/End time: Varies by building
PA School Personnel Health Record and Act 34, 151, and 114 clearances must be provided prior to commencement of employment.
Starting Date: Immediately
Pay Rate: $10.12/hour
If interested in applying, please visit link below for Food Services application process:
Completed application should be sent to: Mr. Todd Holmes, Dir. Of Food Services
Parkland School District
2219 N. Cedar Crest Boulevard
Allentown, PA 18104
Middle School Softball Coach Spring Season
Deadline for application: 1/23/15
If interested, a letter of interest and resume should be emailed to:
Jeff Geisel, Athletic Director, PHS email@example.com or call at (610) 351-5600 Ext. 75581