Director of Food Services – To effectively manage all phases of food service operation and management.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in business administration, hotel, and restaurant management, or related field.
- Registered Dietician is desired, but not required
- Minimum 5 years supervisory experience
- Implements a lunch program in compliance with federal state guidelines.
- Supervises, via on-site visits, all kitchens to maintain compliance with federal and state guidelines, sanitation and safety regulations and district policies.
- Interviews and recommends to the superintendent, for school board approval, persons for employment in food services.
- Prepares menus in accordance with national school lunch program and dietary guidelines.
- Maintains appropriate personnel and program records, and submits financial reports, as required.
- Determines weekly/monthly food requirements for all kitchens and orders accordingly.
- Reviews all food services expenditures and submits authorized, approved billings to the business office for payment.
- Has a working knowledge of all local and state health laws and regulations, including all relations associated with the National Food Lunch Program.
- Makes all applications in a timely manner to insure that the LEA receives all appropriate federal and state subsidies including donated commodities.
- Prepared annual bids for food and beverages, paper supplies and small equipment.
- Prepares an annual food service budget and recommends lunch prices.
- Directs and manages the district-wide food service program for the purpose of ensuring effective food service operations, and district compliance with state, federal and/or county regulations and district policies and procedures.
- Researches new products, laws, regulations, etc. for the purpose of recommending purchases, contracts and maintaining district-wide services.
- Develops long and short-range plans/programs for the purpose of expanding the department program and/or ensuring that district resources are effectively utilized.
- Supervises assigned personnel for the purpose of ensuring their department and individual performance objectives are met.
- Presents information (e.g. budget overviews, accounting processes, distribution formulas, etc.) for the purpose of communicating information, gaining feedback and ensuring adherence to established internal controls.
- Participates in meetings, workshops and seminars for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform functions.
- Collaborates with others (e.g. district personnel, other district personnel, regulatory agencies, community organizations, etc.) for the purpose of implementing and maintaining services and/or programs.
- Researches equipment and facilities for new and renovated schools for the purpose of assuring safe, high quality food and providing flexibility for future needs.
- Other Duties as Assigned:
- Plans and coordinates all special food service requests and catering activities.
- Develops and implements strategies to market the school lunch program.
- Instructs personnel in proper use and care of equipment and supplies.
Checklist for application for the above position:
- Letter of Interest (cover letter)
- Standard Application Click here for application.
- Two (2) recent letters of recommendation
- Clearances (Criminal History Check, Child Abuse and FBI Clearances will be required if selected for an interview)
- Copy of your Cogent Registration ID Number (fingerprinting results). For further information please log on to www.pa.cogentid.com.
- Copy of Criminal History Check, Act 34. Form is available on PA Dept. of Public Welfare site .
- Copy of PA Child Abuse History Clearance, Act 151. Form is available on PA Dept. of Public Welfare site .
- Application materials should be sent to: Pamela Kelly, Dir. of HR, Parkland SD, 1210 Springhouse Rd., Allentown, PA 18104 or via email (PDF format) to Linda Nagy, firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline to apply is Monday, November 14.
None available at this time.
Financial Technician – PAYROLL:
- Full-time, 12-month position
- 3 years minimum payroll related experience required
- Anticipated start date is February/March, 2015
- Salary: $47,079, plus benefits
- Assists in processing payroll for administrative, professional, support staff, and substitutes (1,300+ employees).
- Maintains personnel listings on building time sheets.
- Review pay and time transactions.
- Prepares paychecks/vouchers for distribution.
- Handles payroll inquiries from staff.
- Maintains personnel records required in the business office.
- Maintains employee attendance records.
- Responsible for payroll reporting related to hiring of new employees.
- Other duties as assigned by Director of Business Administration
Checklist for application for the above position:
- Letter of Interest (Cover Letter)
- Job Application Click here for application
(If you are a current PSD employee, a letter of interest and updated resume is the only documentation required to apply).
Application materials should be sent to:
Parkland School District, Human Resources Dept.
Attn: Payroll Search
1210 Springhouse Road
Allentown, PA 18104.
or via email (PDF format) to Linda Nagy at email@example.com
Deadline to apply is Monday, November 3, 2014.
Please note: Clearances (Criminal History Check, Child Abuse and FBI Clearances will be required if selected for an interview)
- CRIMINAL HISTORY RECORD – Form is available on PA Dept. of Public Welfare site .
- PENNSYLVANIA CHILD ABUSE HISTORY CLEARANCE – Form is available on PA Dept. of Public Welfare site .
- FBI BACKGROUND CHECK (Fingerprinting Results) – Please select Dept. of Education for fingerprinting. DO NOT select Dept. of Welfare or Dept. of Banking. For further information please log on to www.pa.cogentid.com
These are NOT required at the time of application.
Positions are available for the 2014-2015 school year:
PART-TIME FOOD SERVICES SUBSTITUTES – Various District Locations
Substitute may be required to perform all or any of the following duties:
- Prepare food to proper temperatures
- Run machinery (slicer, large mixer, steamer, large ovens, etc.)
- Serve at counter
- Work in dish room with automatic dishwasher, wash pots and pans
- Clean all kitchen equipment
- Use computer in POS system
Previous experience in food service preferred.
# of days/year: Varies
Days/week: Varies (Monday through Friday)
Start/End time: Varies by building
PA School Personnel Health Record and Act 34, 151, and 114 clearances must be provided prior to commencement of employment.
Starting Date: Immediately
Pay Rate: $10.12/hour
If interested in applying, please visit link below for Food Services application process:
Completed application should be sent to: Mr. Todd Holmes, Dir. Of Food Services
Parkland School District
2219 N. Cedar Crest Boulevard
Allentown, PA 18104
Dance Team Coach
Looking for dynamic, motivated coach with dance background for a PSD established middle school team. Must be available 3:00-4:30 PM Mondays and Thursdays. Hip hop, jazz and/or Pom experience required.
Please call Mark Stutz at (610) 351-5667 if interested.