For 2012, there will be a number of changes regarding summer school within the Parkland School District:
- All summer school classes will be conducted via Cyber School.
- All classes will be held in the Parkland High School Library. This includes all middle school classes.
- Summer school classes will run from Monday through Thursday, beginning Monday, June 25, 2012 and ending Thursday, August 9, 2012. There will be NO classes July 2 – July 5, 2012 for the Independence Day Holiday.
- The cost for each class is $235.00, which is non-refundable. No student may take more then 2 summer school classes.
- Every parent and student must sign a contract at registration.
- All Summer School registrations will be held in the high school main office up until 3:00 pm on Friday, June 22, 2012. This includes both middle schools.
- At the conclusion of 12 classes and upon successful completion of the learning modules assigned to those 12 classes at a proficient learning level or better, students may opt to take an exit exam. If the student scores a minimum of 80% on the exit exam, they would have shown proficiency in that subject and may choose to opt out of the remainder of the sessions.
- Outside of the regularly scheduled class, student may opt to do work at home or at the high school library daily between the hours of 8:00 am and noon.
- Due to the online format, all assignments must be completed prior to the last day of summer school, Thursday, August 9, 2012.
- Weekly reports will be sent to all parents of summer school students.
If there are any questions pertaining to summer school, please contact
Dr. John Pfeiffer at 610-351-5537.
Click here for 2012 Summer School Contract