Parkland School District will be offering a summer school program for high school and middle school students who have failed courses during the regular school year.
All classes will be held in the library at PARKLAND HIGH SCHOOL. Summer School is considered CREDIT RECOVERY, NOT GRADE RECOVERY. Due to the time frame and abbreviated curriculum, the highest grade to be earned is a 75%. To obtain a higher grade for the class, it should be repeated during the regular school year.
Classes begin on Monday, June 27, 2016 and end on Thursday, August 4, 2016.
(Please note: Classes will not be held on Monday, July 4, 2016 and Tuesday, July 5, 2016 for the Independence Day Holiday).
Classes will resume on Wednesday, July 6, 2016.
Classes available to 6th grade thru 12th grade are English, History, Mathematics, Science and Physical Education. No Electives will be offered.
All classes run Monday through Thursday and are 1 hour in length for each class.
– The first class will begin at 8:30 am, the second period classes begin at 9:35 am and the third period class begins at 10:40 am.
– Students do NOT have a choice as to which time period they are assigned.
– Students will be limited to TWO subjects and must attend all class sessions.
– Attendance will be taken each day.
– Students accumulating 3 absences and/or the equivalent to three days of missing work will meet with the summer school administrator for possible dismissal from the program without any reimbursement.
– If a student will be out for an extended period of time, a note from the parent/guardian is required prior to the absence and all work is still required to be completed by the end of summer school.
All classes must be completed by Noon on Thursday August 4, 2016 unless arrangements have been made in advance.
Dress must be neat and appropriate.
The regular school rules concerning conduct will apply.
If students show inadequate interest or progress by the end of the first two weeks, they will be asked to drop the program, WITHOUT A REFUND.
There will be a charge of $260.00 for each course taken during the summer program. There will be NO REFUNDS of paid tuition.
Because successful summer work by students can in some instances mean promotion to the next grade and in all cases provides a better foundation for next term, we urge you very strongly to have students enroll in these classes.
Registration for classes will take place Monday, June 20, 2016 until Wednesday, June 22, 2016 at 3:00 pm in the PARKLAND HIGH SCHOOL MAIN OFFICE.
Any registrations after June 22, 2016 will result in a $25 late fee. NO EXCEPTIONS.