Attention Parents: Parkland Schools will have an Inclement Weather Make-Up Day on Thursday, April 13th. School will be in session. School will be CLOSED on Friday, April 14th and Monday, April 17.
- Reading Connection- March
- Home & School Connection-March
- summer band strings camp 2017
- March 2017 Elementary Lunch Menu
- CMC Newsletter March 17
- 5th Grade band rehearsal schedule
- Nurse’s march newsletter
- just4fun camp
- Camp InventionSpringDiscount
Morning Student Drop off
- In the event that you must drop-off your child, please stay in the car line until you have reached the administration entrance do not drop off your child on 37th St. Follow the traffic flow in the back parking lot and drive very slowly. The school doors do not open until 8:35, and we don’t have supervision until 8:35.
- If you arrive earlier than 8:35, keep your child in your vehicle until you hear the 8:35 school tone
WASTE FREE LUNCH
On Friday, April 21, the Cetronia Green Team is sponsoring a “Waste Free” Lunch!! We will be counting trash bags used on a “typical” lunch day, and we’ll see how many less bags go to the trash on April 21st, in honor of Earth Day! All school lunches will be served on reusable trays. If a student packs their lunch, we are encouraging them to pack in reusable containers, so they can have a “waste free” lunch. While this is not mandatory, it will be a fun and enlightening experiment to measure the difference this can make to our waste output.
PSSA information Below
Please be advised that all third, fourth, and fifth grade students will participate in the Pennsylvania System of School Assessment or PSSA during the months of April and May. Please click the link below for more information:
- 2017 PSSA PARENT LETTER
- Parents FAQ
- Technology Letter to Parents
- PSSA Testing Schedule
- Test Taking Tips for Parents (002)
Please make every effort to ensure your child attends school during these testing periods. Please avoid vacations and scheduling appointments to the greatest extent possible. In addition, we appreciate your support and encouragement for your child during the assessments.
The public is cordially invited to attend the Community Advisory Council Meeting on April 6 at 6 PM at the Parkland High School Library Classroom. The topic of the meeting will be “Drug & Alcohol Abuse / Spring Musical” which will be presented by Brenda DeRenzo, Lori Fitch, and Mark Stutz.