Keeping in touch is so important. A variety of resources are available in order for staff, students, and parents to communicatewith one another. Please contact the school when updating information, or when a situation arises. “Communication is the key to success.”
- Parents may contact the school office directly by dialing the main number at 610-351-5860. If the secretary is unable to answer your call, you may leave a message in the voice mailbox. A return call will be made as soon as possible. Permission for parent ransport or requests for homework should always be made using the main office number. If a need arises to speak to personnel during the day, contact the main office to be connected.
- Parents may leave a voice message for school personnel by dialing 610-351-5900, and then entering the extension for the staff ember when directed. Please do not use voicemail if you need immediate attention, or for approval for parent transportation, or for requests for homework.
- Voicemail operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
By E-Mail/District Website
- The district website, www.parklandsd.org , and our school website, www.parklandsd.org/ct , contains information about district policies, the calendar, athletics, as well as links to other departments, and buildings. It is a great resource to use, especially when information doesn’t seem to make it home in the backpack.
- It is also possible to email staff members. This is a great way to communicate with teachers when an immediate response is not necessary. The teacher’s email address will be sent home. They may also be found on the school’s website.
- If your child is absent: If your child is going to be absent from school, parents are asked to call the voice mailbox (610-351-5900, ext. 23711). If you do not call the school, office staff will call you.
- Legal Documents: If you have any legal documents pertaining to child custody arrangements, please make a copy for the school file. Without any documentation provided to the school, either parent will be allowed access to their child.
ConnectED System Allows Us to Contact All Cetronia School Families in Just Minutes:
- Parkland School District uses the Connect-ED® service, our school-to-parent rapid communication service. With the service, our school can send periodic and personalized voice messages to all parents within minutes. The service will be used to complement our emergency preparedness procedures and to inform parents of upcoming school events such as Open House, Parent-Teacher Conferences, and PSSA testing. We will also utilize the system to call you when school is delayed or canceled due to inclement weather. Note: You can expect weather delay/cancellation calls to be made around 5:30 AM to the primary number on file only (not all 5 emergency numbers that we may have on file). A test call will be announced and made in October prior to the winter season to ensure accuracy of the system. If we need to dismiss school early for any unscheduled reason such as weather, the system will call all emergency numbers, send a text message and an email to all contacts on file.
- We strongly encourage all parents to participate in this new notification system as opting out will not allow families to receive messages that will be communicated via the system in the event of a true emergency.
- Information forms listing phone numbers that we have on file will be sent home in September for your verification. Email addresses and SMS Text Message phone numbers will also be collected at that time. For those with hearing impairments, a TTY device number will also be collected.
- Of course, you may update or change the information we have on file at any time during the school year by contacting the secretary at 610-351-5860.
Cell Phones/Electronic Devices
- At Cetronia, we understand that some parents are concerned about emergency situations and feel that it is necessary for their child to have a cell phone available. While we discourage the possession of a cell phone in school, it is permissible if the parent writes permission for the child to carry it. The cell phone must be turned off and kept in the child’s backpack. It is not to be used during the school day for any purpose including making or taking phone calls, pictures, or text messages.
- Electronic devices such as video games, MP3 players, ipods, etc. are not allowed to be used during the school day.
- Cetronia Elementary and the Parkland School District are not responsible for any damage, lost, or stolen items.
- Thank you for your help monitoring the use of this equipment.