The Parkland School District Education Foundation was proud to host its Fifth Anniversary Gala event on Monday, May 2, 2016, to a sold-out crowd of 400 guests at the Fogelsville Holiday Inn Conference Center. The event was sponsored by Coordinated Health, Computer Aid, Service Electric Cable TV and Communications and Ironton Telephone along with 27 other businesses.
For pictures, click here.
A red carpet was rolled out for guests attending the event at 6 PM replete with a cocktail reception featuring the Parkland High School “Serenata” Strolling Strings. Attendees enjoyed a full course dinner at 7 PM and will be welcomed by emcee Ben Youngerman (Parkland Class of 2005), announcer, comedian, mascot and singer.
During dinner, the Foundation announced the induction of notable Parkland alumni whose plaques will don the Distinguished Alumni Wall of Honor inside the main entrance of Parkland High School. The inductees include:
- Denise Donatelli (Class of 1968), Three-time Grammy nominated recording artists and jazz vocalist
- Robert B. Heintzelman (Class of 1976), Supervisor & Co-Owner, Heintzelman Funeral Home, Inc.
- Barry E. Isett (Class of 1954), Chief Executive Officer and Chairman of the Board, Barry Isett & Associates, Inc.
- Aimee Mullins (Class of 1993), Actress, athlete, model and TED conference ‘All-Star’ speaker
- Brad Patt (Class of 1990), Senior Vice President / Regional Manager, Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Fox & Roach Realtors & The Trident Group; Lehigh Valley & Bucks County
A silent auction and live auction rounded out the night and consisted of more than $25,000 in prizes. For more information, please visit http://www.parklandsd.org/foundation/gala.htm. Several videos showcased how Celebrate Innovation grants awarded by the Education Foundation had an impact on students and classrooms in the District. Live tributes were made by nominators of the inductees. Entertainment walso included Skylar Gutman (Class of 2016) who is a singer/songwriter, and Joe Sibilia (Class of 2014) who is an accomplished singer and entertainer and host of the Joe Sibilia Radio Experience on WXLV.
About the Parkland School District Education Foundation
Formed in the fall of 2011, the Parkland School District Education Foundation is a 501 (c) (3) non-profit, tax-exempt organization whose primary goal is to raise funds to promote, enhance, and supplement the educational and co-curricular programs for the benefit of students and staff in the Parkland School District in order to preserve a tradition of excellence and help build the dreams of children in our community. Since its inception in 2011, the Foundation has awarded more than $475,000 back to Parkland Schools. For more information or to donate, visit www.parklandsd.org/foundation.