Below are important CDC Resources and Reminders for National Immunization Awareness Month.
- Parents make sure older children, preteens, and teens have received all recommended vaccines by the time they go back to school; this information is geared toward parents of 9-18 year olds.
- Remember, college students should catch up on immunizations before they move into dormitories
- All adults, including healthcare workers, may need vaccines and boosters
- Remember, pregnant women should get vaccinated to protect newborns from diseases like whooping cough (pertussis)
- Reminder the next flu season is only a few months away