This page lists the many ways that are available for our community to support Parkland’s teachers, students, and families via sponsorship and marketing opportunities that allow you to showcase your business. The following opportunities are listed below:
Parkland Advertising Opportunities
Parkland Event Sponsorship Opportunities
Opening Day/Welcome Back Lunch for Teachers & All Staff
Parkland Calendar (10,000 printed annually)
Have your message seen in one of the largest school districts in the Lehigh Valley!
- Parkland is comprised of a total of 9 zip codes in Upper Macungie, South Whitehall, and North Whitehall Townships and a piece of Allentown.
- We make gorgeous full color calendars annually. Our calendar is our branding “showpiece” of the year with an annual theme that depicts Parkland’s finest teachers, students, and programs and is a parent’s go-to guide for holiday schedules, parent-teacher conferences, early dismissals, report cards, concerts/plays, and other major events.
- One is sent home with each of Parkland’s 9,400 students on the first day of school. It dons the refrigerators of most families within the District all year long.
- The calendar is displayed on 750+ classroom walls throughout the school year
- Many outside organizations use the calendar extensively throughout the year to view upcoming events, access it to schedule other events that won’t conflict with school events, and to enjoy a changing annual theme.
- Only one sponsor is featured per month – so your business would enjoy exclusive visibility during the month you decide to sponsor.
Parkland District Newsletter (Reach 23,000+ Parkland residents 4x per year)
Parkland’s newsletter is distributed to 23,000+ households each time it is printed. Another 5,500 gets distributed electronically to a subscriber list and staff. Advertising starts at just $325. Placement on certain pages within the “For Kids & Families” section, the “Senior Citizens” section, “Superintendent’s Message” page, and more is available. For a complete rate list, click here: Rate card newsletter 2016-17 or call (610)351-5630. To check out a recent edition, click here.
Parkland School Bus Advertising
School bus advertising is available on the interior of Parkland School Buses. For more information, please click here: Parkland School Bus Adv.
Parkland School Sports Facilities Advertising
Advertising is available at Parkland football, basketball, and soccer games. For more information, please click here.
Parkland School District Opening Day Lunch
Target audience – all staff including administrators, bus drivers, maintenance/grounds/custodians, teachers, secretaries, etc.
Timeframe: End of August
Opening Day Lunch: At the end of August, all 1,300 Parkland staff members are invited back to school with an opening convocation from the Superintendent of Schools designed to energize and excite teachers and staff as they prepare for a new school year. After the opening day ceremony, all staff members return to their respective schools for professional development and to ready their classrooms for the start of the school year. Sponsors will pay for a lunch that all staff are invited to enjoy at their respective buildings as a way to welcome them back from summer.
In addition to the goodwill created by such a gesture, the marketing benefits consist of the following:
- Recognition in the invitation sent to all staff from the Superintendent, welcoming them back to school and inviting them to the opening day ceremony and lunch (around Aug 15th).
- Opening Day convocation recognition as the lunch sponsor by Superintendent via live verbal comments and your logo up on the screen in the high school auditorium that recognizes sponsor for providing lunch to staff on opening day and welcoming them back to school.
- On site table to speak with staff or pass out literature/special offers/and/or gift at the Opening Day ceremony as participants enter or exit the event
- On site table to speak with staff or pass out literature/special offers/and/or gift during lunches in all 11 school buildings
Parkland School District Festival of the Arts
Target audience – Parkland residents
Timeframe: 3rd weekend in May
An Annual k-12 Parkland Arts Festival occurs each May at the beautiful Parkland High School campus. A three-day event, it includes a Thursday night (high school art show, chorus concert and family consumer science exhibit), Friday night (Parkland’s Got Talent family-friendly event talent show) and an all-day Saturday community-wide arts festival. A myriad of sponsorship levels are available for this event which attracts people of all ages. Parents from every school building attend to view their child’s artwork on display as the high school is transformed into a huge art gallery for a day. Local artists sell crafts and school clubs sell festival food. Various music and dance performances occur under the main stage festival tent, the rotunda and the auditorium throughout the day. Patrons also get to step inside the school for a huge k-12 art show, dance recitals, character parade, instrument exploration area, basket auction, bake sale, and live entertainment.
Official Festival Sponsorship – $5,000 (3-day event)
- Naming rights to the huge Main Stage Festival Tent is set up on the lawn outside PHS for performances all day long during the Saturday community-wide festival.
- 3×10′ banner inside PHS during the Thursday night high school art show, chorus concert and family consumer science exhibit, Friday night family –friendly event, and Saturday festival.
- Two 2 x 3.5′ banners hung in the hallway and a sign above it would read, “The Parkland Performing and Visual Arts Department thanks Sponsor XYZ for their support of the Parkland Festival of the Arts.”
- Friday event promotion at the family activity (events in the past have included a magician, Stardust Diner event, movies, and more). Promotions can include a product display, give aways, signage, etc.
- Announcements throughout the day that will direct people to the sponsor-named Main Stage Festival Tent “Be sure to come back for the PHS Dance Team Performance in the XXYYZZ Sponsor Main Stage Tent at 2 PM today.” Or, “Thank you for joining us in the XXYYZZ Main Stage Tent for this afternoon’s performance.”
- Sponsor’s name on the festival t-shirts (with other sponsors)
- Table with 2 chairs and electricity to showcase your business’s support of Parkland and the Arts (must supply a10 x 10′ pop up canopy tent).
Art Sponsorship – $1,000 (3-day event)
- Two 2 x 3.5′ banners hung along the hallway gallery of k-12 artwork showcase inside the high school. The indoor art exhibit is open on Thursday night (high school art show, chorus concert and cooking show), Friday night (family-friendly event) and all day on Saturday (community-wide arts festival). Indoor activities have also included an American Girl Doll basket raffle with home-made doll clothes, bake sale, character parade and local dance school recitals.
- Sponsor’s name on the festival t-shirts (with other sponsors)
- Table at the event
Event Sponsor – $500 (Saturday only)
- Sponsor’s name on the festival t-shirts (with other sponsors)
- A table at the event (sponsor to provide 10×10′ pop up tent). The sponsor can provide a hands-on art activity and mingle with festival goers and provide a give away to patrons of the event.
Estimated attendance for the 3-day event:
Thursday night: 1500 – 2000 people
Friday: 6-700 people
Saturday: 2500 – 3000 people
Parkland School District Reader’s Club
Target audience – Parkland administrators and teachers
Timeframe: 1st Wednesday in November
Parkland welcomes an area business’s offer to host us for an annual celebration that encourages professional development when 200 Parkland staff members meet in small groups to discuss books that were read as part of a Parkland Reader’s Club and designed to provide professional development and insight into the world of education and families. Seating for 220 is preferred or food or books can be donated for the event to occur on site.
Parkland High School Post Prom
Target audience – Parkland graduating seniors and teachers
Timeframe: 2nd weekend in May
Gold Sponsor – $500 or more contribution – sponsor recognition in the full page ad that is purchased to thank sponsors in the Parkland Press
Silver Sponsors –$100 – $499 – smaller line sponsor recognition in the full page ad that is purchased in the Parkland Press
A prize committee and entertainment committee makes decisions about any fun activity can be sponsored. Sponsors need to present ideas to the committee and work in tandem to come up with an idea for a named event at the Post Prom Party.
Parkland School District Volunteer Lunch
Target audience – Stay-at-home moms, parents of elementary children, educators
Volunteer Lunch: This annual event, to be held May 22, 2013, recognizes 600 school volunteers who help in the buildings by assisting teachers, children or the office staff. Sponsorship helps to underwrite food for a luncheon event that is cooked by local students at Lehigh Career & Technical Institute (LCTI) and the flowers and program books for the event which are also put together by students at LCTI.
In addition to the goodwill created by such a gesture, the marketing benefits to sponsor this event consist of the following:
- Recognition on the invitation that goes out to approximately 600 school volunteers and 55+ district administrators and teachers who are invited to the event. (April)
- Recognition as the lunch sponsor by Superintendent via live verbal comments
- On-site table to speak with attendees before and after the event.
- Literature at place settings about business or event
Parkland School District Retirement Dinner
Target audience – Parkland administrators, school board and retirees
Parkland Senior Citizen Dinner Sponsorships Reach 1,600 Seniors Over Four Events
Target audience – Parkland senior citizens ages 55+.
Timeframe: Two occur in December, one in April and one in May
Each winter and spring, Parkland School District hosts 800 senior citizens during two dinner/concert events. The dinner concerts are free and announced in the District newsletter which mails out in September and April to more than 21,000 households that comprise our district. When we open the reservation hotline, we typically “sell out” of at least one dinner within 24 hours. They are super popular, social events that have been in existence for 10+ years that have grown in size to where we have a waiting list for most events. The events have historically been free for seniors and have built so much goodwill in our community. We use the time to make the seniors feel welcome in Parkland buildings, to thank them for their support of public education, and to showcase our talented performing arts students, our wonderful student volunteers who serve and host the dinner, and as an opportunity to showcase curriculum/special projects and technology.
A sponsorship of $500 per event (there are four in total each school year – each one services 400 senior citizens) would include the following benefits:
- Logo/sponsor recognition in our newsletter invitation (sponsors must commit by August 1st for winter dinner concerts or March 2ndfor spring dinner concerts to be included in the newsletter)
- A table at the entrance to the event which can be manned by a live person and include literature that can be handed out (sponsors can have a raffle at their table to collect names for a database/use for follow up)
- Verbal thanks on the microphone by Superintendent Rich Sniscak during the dinner event
A sponsorship of $1,000 per event would include the above benefits and the following:
- Sponsor-provided literature at table place settings
- Sponsor-provided banner and table signage in the cafeteria for the duration of dinner and at the check-in table
A sponsorship of $2,500 per event would include all of the above benefits plus:
- A 5-10 minute presentation during dinner on the microphone
A sponsorship of $3,200 per event would include all of the above benefits plus:
- Video announcement on movie screen in auditorium or live welcome at the start of the concert in the auditorium (usually at least 1,000 – 1,500 in attendance as this is the start of the PHS band or orchestra concert and all parents/relatives/friends of students are seated along with all of the senior citizens).
Parkland School District Education Foundation Gala & Silent Auction
Target audience: Parkland Business Community, Parkland Parents
This event is the Parkland Foundation’s major fundraiser of the year. In 2012, 40 businesses sponsored the event and 400 people attended the first Gala which inducted Parkland Alumni into a newly established Distinguished Alumni Wall of Honor that was erected in the main entrance of Parkland High School. Sponsorship levels range from $125 – $15,000 and help support the Foundation’s mission of preserving Parkland’s tradition of excellence in academics, the arts and athletics. For more information, visit: www.parklandsd.org/foundation
Parkland School District Education Foundation Educational Improvement Tax Credit (EITC) Program
Target audience – Parkland Business Community
Businesses that pay Pennsylvania Taxes can make donations that fund rigorous and advanced learning opportunities for children in Parkland School District by participating in a program that will allow up to a 90% tax credit. For more information, visit: http://www.parklandsd.org/foundation/EITC
For more information about any of the programs cited above, please contact Nicole McGalla in the Office of Community Relations & Development at email@example.com or 610-351-5630.